jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Giota Karadimitriou" <Giota.Karadimitr...@eurodyn.com>
Subject version storage question
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:24:05 GMT
I would like to ask a general question regarding how version storage is
organized in jackrabbit.

>From what I see for each version node in jackrabbit moving up from
parent to parent there is:

a)       A parent version history node
b)       parent of a is a version storage node
c)       parent of b is another version storage node
d)       parent of c is another version storage node
e)       parent of d is root

so it's like:
root-->d(version storage)-->c(version storage)-->b(version
storage)-->a(version history)-->version_node

why are there 3 version storages?

'b' has 'a' as its only child but c does not have b as its only
child.what are these other children?

In general what do the second and third version storage nodes (c and d
in my example) contain?

Regards
giota