jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Chan Chin Wei" <chanchin...@stee.stengg.com>
Subject RE: Can't get Jackrabbit to work with Lucene 2.0.0
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 08:09:11 GMT
Thanks, just read about the issues on the jcr 352.

Actually, I have tried the Deployment Model 2 (Shared J2EE Resource) to
separate the Jackrabbit from my other web application, and it is working
fine to co-exist 2 version of Lucene is the server.  The only draw back
is that I cant have a single build script to set all the configuration
required as some setting (like server.xml file) have to be mannually
edit.

Regards,
Chin wei

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:45 PM
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org; chanchinwei@stee.stengg.com
Subject: Re: Can't get Jackrabbit to work with Lucene 2.0.0

Hi,

On 6/6/06, Chan Chin Wei <chanchinwei@stee.stengg.com> wrote:
> I understand that Lucene is required to run the Jackrabbit in my web
> applicaiton.  However, the version of the Lucene used in Jackrabbit is

> 1.4.3, and the Lucene version that my web application is using Lucene
> 2.0.0.  Therefore, instead of using Lucene 1.4.3 jar, Lucene 2.0.0 jar

> is used instead.  But, I get errors when I tried to startup my tomcat.
>
> Does that means Jackrabbit is not workable with Lucene 2.0.0?

Unfortunately yes. There is a backwards compatibility issue in Lucene
1.9 and 2.0 that causes the Jackrabbit to fail with the exception you
encountered. See the following bug reports for more details:

I think the best workaround for now is to deploy Jackrabbit as a
separate web application (using the jackrabbit-server war) or as a JCA
resource (using the jackrabbit-jca rar) and access it through JNDI in
your application. This allows Jackrabbit to have it's own class loader
with Lucene 1.4.3 while your application can keep using Lucene 2.0.0.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

[This e-mail is confidential and may be priviledged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please kindly notify us immediately and delete the message
from your system; please do not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose
its contents to any other person. Thank you.]
---ST Electronics Group---