jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code project for Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 14:43:09 GMT
Is the intent to lock out the entire workspace while backup or restore is
occurring......no writes?!  Can the transactions that occur during backup
be recorded and played back to the backup system to avoid having to lock
the entire workspace?

Restore is a different issue though....which takes precedence: non-restore
operations that occur during restore or the nodes from the backup?  Is it
feasible to restore clusters (transitive closure containing references) of
nodes?  Ideally we wouldn't have to lock the entire workspace.

David

"Nicolas Toper" <ntoper@gmail.com>
05/24/2006 10:12 AM
Please respond to
dev@jackrabbit.apache.org

dev@jackrabbit.apache.org, tobias.bocanegra@day.com
cc

Subject
Re: Google Summer of Code project for Jackrabbit

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your feedback.

I assume I would need to lock the workspace using the getLockManager of
WorkspaceImpl.

Are those lock "time outted"? I mean for instance the backup application
crashes, I had a lock on a Workspace, I would need to clean it as soon as
possible. If they are not, maybe we should add it in JackRabbit through
for
instance a lease.

What do you think?

nico