jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Version comment
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 19:44:54 GMT
tobias.strasser@gmail.com wrote on 05/19/2006 03:15:51 PM:

> hi david,
> > Is there any way to hook into the versioning to add a comment for a
> > version along with the label?
> how would you pass-in the comment? would you just set the property of
> the 'version' node or extend the api ?

Extending the API would be ideal, but I'm sure there are other
cases/properties people would want to set on a version so a residual
property would be great too :)

> > Obviously I can create another
> > non-versionable node, say (VersionComment), to correspond to the
versions,
> > but I was hoping to avoid the additional reads and writes and conserve
> > little space ;).....Is there some way to add a mixin to nt:version and
the
> > mixin properties not be protected?
> that could work. although the entire version-store is protected in
> general, and i don't know by heart if this contraint is just enforced
> by node-type constraints, or more generally.

Right....I expected that I would have to maintain nodes in the traditional
workspace.  Although you raise a good point.  If one intends to use
multiple workspaces, the comment would need to be updated across the
workspaces....I guess another alternative is to create a factory for
instantiating the InternalVersionHistoryImpl, InternalVersionImpl, etc.
and plugin my own Impls.

David