jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mysql for filesystem
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 08:14:36 GMT
hi nicolas,

On 5/25/06, Nicolas Modrzyk <Nicolas.Modrzyk@macnica.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to have a full mysql set up running with jackrabbit.
>
> I am getting this exception while trying to the simpledb
> ERROR  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem DbFileSystem.java
> (init:368) 24.05.2006 09:53:08  failed
> to initialize file system
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key
> was too long; max key length is 1000 byte

what is your exact repository/workspace configuration? please also provide
a full stack trace.

> Is the DbFileSystem not recommended ?

i wouldn't recommend using DbFileSystem in general. it's an interesting
option for certain use cases. the disadvantage of using DbFileSystem is
that you cannot easily read/edit the information stored in the DbFileSystem.

cheers
stefan