jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository inconsistent with xmlpersistentmanager
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 16:37:44 GMT
hi raphaël

On 5/19/06, Raphaël Franchet <raphael@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using JR 1.0 with the xmlPersistanceManager.

the XMLPersistenceManager is not recommended to be used
in a production environment. its major flaw , apart from being dead slow ;),
is that it is 'non-transactional', i.e. if your jvm process suffers a
sudden death
(power outage, kill, etc) you'll very likely end up with an
inconsistent repository
state (like the one you described).

by using jackrabbit's default configuration (i.e. DerbyPersistenceManager)
you avoid such issues.

cheers
stefan