jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug on unscaping node names?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 12:08:22 GMT
On 5/18/06, Martin Perez <mpermar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm using the Jackrabbit Text utility class to unscape and scape node names
> before adding them to the repository. This works very fine scaping
> whitespaces, written accents, etc. but curiosly it seems unable to unscape
> the symbol ' .

have a look at the javadoc of said method:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/util/Text.html#escape(java.lang.String)

the escape method does escape characters that are not allowed in a URI
(http://rfc.net/rfc2396.html).

the single quote character (') is allowed in a URI.

the escape method does *not* escape characters that are illegal in JCR names
(see 4.6 Path Syntax in the JSR 170 spec).

cheers
stefan