jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject jLibrary 1.0 released
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 22:37:01 GMT
Hello.

I hope you allow me some spam here. I'm proud to announce that
jLibrary 1.0has been released.

I'm not sure if this is the first official product being based on the
Jackrabbit 1.0 final, but anyways, here it is. jLibrary is a document
management system built over Eclipse Rich Client Platform and Apache
Jackrabbit.

Respect to Jackrabbit, it uses the Derby PM with blobs stored on the
database. It also makes heavy usage of the textfilers package to index
pdf,word, etc. It has disabled the WebDAV and web client interfaces (by
security reasons) but can be easily enabled. It uses the JAAS support to
allow connections to external filesystems, but it has its own security
infraestructure (does not use access managers). It provices an own
synchronizer to backup from the legacy security system to the internal
security infrastructure. Of course, it uses a modified jackrabbit web
application module. It uses Axis for remote axis, but with our own API, i.e.
it's not like the Jackrabbit RMI API but at higher level. I have tested it
on Apache Geronimo, Tomcat and jboss. Well, I don't remember more things
about infrastructure.

Also well, recently jLibrary has been nominated for EclipseCon 2006 and also
it was on the 6th-10th position on the JAX Innovation Awards 2006.

But the objective of this email was not only doing spam, this is one of the
more helpful and effective mailing lists I have found ever, and so I must
GIVE THANKS to all the team behind this list, Stephan, Marcel, Jukka,
Tobias, Angela, etc. Without your help a humble product like jLibrary never
will see the light. THANKS for making people with few resources like us
productive. jLibrary is partially yours too.

Thank you.

Martin