jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code project for Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 11:36:11 GMT
> There are two kinds of lock: the jcr.Lock and the
> EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.*. The two are somewhat
> not related. Am I correct?
not at all. the locks i mentioned where jcr locks.

> There are no issues with jcr.Lock (we can still read a node).
there is one. the locks you need are 'deep locks'. i.e. the locks the
node and the entire subtree. but you can only accquire a lock, if no
one else locked a node. so you would not be able to bakckup until all
locks are released. which may not be suiteable.

other questions:
- what about inter-workspace operations?
- how do you backup the versions?
- how do you backup the namespaces?
- how do you backup the nodetypes?

regards, toby