jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Version comment
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 19:15:51 GMT
hi david,
> Is there any way to hook into the versioning to add a comment for a
> version along with the label?
how would you pass-in the comment? would you just set the property of
the 'version' node or extend the api ?

> Obviously I can create another
> non-versionable node, say (VersionComment), to correspond to the versions,
> but I was hoping to avoid the additional reads and writes and conserve a
> little space ;).....Is there some way to add a mixin to nt:version and the
> mixin properties not be protected?
that could work. although the entire version-store is protected in
general, and i don't know by heart if this contraint is just enforced
by node-type constraints, or more generally.

have a look at the "InternalVersionHistoryImpl" which is responsible
of creating the actual version nodes in the version "workspace".

regards, toby
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97