jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Fwd: Outage on www.apache.org, svn.apache.org, and other related infrastructure
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 12:35:24 GMT
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com>
Date: May 12, 2006 3:42 AM
Subject: Re: Outage on www.apache.org, svn.apache.org, and other
related infrastructure
To: Garrett Rooney <rooneg@apache.org>
Cc: committers@apache.org, infrastructure@apache.org

"Garrett Rooney" <rooneg@apache.org> writes:

> At this point we have brought minotaur back to multiuser mode, and the
> mail that was backed up on it (@apache.org mailing lists and
> addresses) is flowing again.  The Subversion repositories have been
> verified to be ok, there was no corruption found.  Soon the Subversion
> repository will be brought back up in a read-only mode.  We are also
> planning on upgrading minotaur to a newer version of FreeBSD, because
> our best guess for what caused the initial problem is now a kernel
> bug.  Once that is done we will likely turn write access to the
> Subversion repository back on.

We've upgraded minotaur to FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE, and we're
evaluating it to see if it's still fit for service.  If
all goes well, write-access to svn should be restored on Friday.
But if it turns out that minotaur cannot be salvaged, svn could
remain down until early next week, after the new svn server eris
is in place.  We would also need to make additional preparations
for moving people.apache.org to a new home.

> Thank you for your patience during this outage,

+1

--
Joe Schaefer

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97