jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Search Highlighting
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 11:35:50 GMT
it highly depends on what is index. if it's just simple string
properties, an occurrrence (pos+len) indication would surely be
helpful for highlighting the results. but what about indexed office
documents, pdfs etc? i think it would be of little help for the
display-logic to know the positions (bytes, words, pos ?) of that
documents.

regards, toby

On 5/9/06, Miro Walker <miro.walker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a quick question for the list.
>
> At the moment, the search capability within JCR doesn't directly
> support highlighting of matched terms. Does anyone have any ideas
> about how this functionality (which is available in Lucene) could be
> exposed through JCR/Jackrabbit?
>
> Postprocessing search results in the client app is both inefficient
> and inaccurate, and ideally we'd want to be able to expose the Lucene
> functionality through the JCR API.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Miro

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97