jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "muniak julien" <muniak.jul...@gmail.com>
Subject Acces control implementation
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 09:55:42 GMT
Hi !

I would like to implement an access control in jackrabbit.
To store the privileges on each file/folder/linkedFiles I'd like to make the
following child nodes :

[nt:privilegedFile] > nt:file
[nt:privilegedFolder] > nt:folder
[nt:privilegedLinkedFile] > nt:linkedFile

Both will have an owner property, a list of subjects with reading rights and
another list of subjects with writing rights.
It would become the new default type of node used during a data import in
the repository.
Is it a right way to directly inherit from nt:folder or should i use another
namespace ?

While doing the first node type i realised that when a node is being
imported to the repository in defaultHandler, the user's principals are
not accessible, should i modify the inputContext interface and then the
importContext interface to make the principals accessible at this point  ?

I would like, if you are interested in my work, to commit these change to
jackrabbit as soon as it is functional.
I've seen that the RFC3253  as been implemented in the webdav server, so i
can later add the real rights showing in the propfind.
So I would like to have your point of view on the question so that i can
implement it the right way

Thanks .

--
Muniak julien