jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "stella lok" <oinvertedwo...@gmail.com>
Subject General Questions about Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 01:53:15 GMT

I am new to Jackrabbit and I'd like to integrate it into an web-based
ecommerce system I'm building
I have some concerns:

1) Is it feasible to use Jackrabbit with a web framework of another language
(eg. RubyOnRails, PHP) ? The only way I can think of integrating the two
together, is through exporting the repository to XML and then parsing the
XML  on the web tier

2) As Jackrabbit is primarily used for building CMSs, I'm wondering if it's
suitable for ecommerce (shopping cart, order management) systems too?

Thanks very much for your time