jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code project for Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 14:05:01 GMT
Hi,

On 5/25/06, Nicolas Toper <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> About Tobias ProxyPM: I am ok to write it although it is out of scope of the
> initial project, you all seem to really need it, so let's go for it. Jukka?

This is something that we should look at later on. Modifying the
internal persistence data path is quite risky in terms of possible new
bugs and regressions so I'd rather not extend the scope of the SoC
project to cover that. I'd be happy with just a global write lock that
guarantees data consistency in the repository. For the SoC project I'd
even be OK with a tool that simply relies on the administrator to
enforce a no-write policy during backup. It's still better than we
have now and we can extend and improve the solution later on.

BR,

Jukka Zitting