jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code project for Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 13:56:15 GMT
Hi,

On 5/30/06, David Kennedy <davek@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Just to continue the lock discussion....I don't think jcr:Locks are an
> issue on the backup operation, however they are an issue on the restore.
> What will happen on a restore when a lock is held on a node being
> restored?  Will the node be replaced, the lock reapplied and the isms
> updated so InvalidItemStateExceptions will be thrown on any subsequent
> saves prior to a re-get?

I think that we can safely limit the scope of the restore operation to
an empty workspace or repository for now, thus avoiding all problems
associated to merging with existing content.

We can also scope out any concurrent sessions for the restore
operation, so there is no need to send observation events for the
restored content.

BR,

Jukka Zitting