jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Jackrabbit 1.0.1 release plan
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 07:19:46 GMT
Hi,

Some general policy issues:

* The fixes to merge are more numerous and extensive than I originally
expected, so the effort (and the associated risk) of explicitly
merging them to the 1.0 branch is considerable. We may want to
reconsider the "strictly bug fixes in patch versions" policy sometime
around 1.1 and perhaps just use the trunk for all releases.

* The list of fixes to include in 1.0.1 was compiled manually from the
list of all the issues fixed since 1.0. I'll try to come up with a
consistent policy on how to use the fix version property when
resolving issues, to make it easier to track the changes. In the mean
while I'll just adjust the 1.0.1 issues manually.

BR,

Jukka Zitting