jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Jackrabbit 1.0.1 release plan
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 07:10:07 GMT
Hi,

As discussed a while ago, I'm soon going to create a 1.0.1 release of
Apache Jackrabbit. My plan is to merge the following bug fixes in the
1.0 branch and thus have them in the 1.0.1 release:

   [JCR-434] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in NodeTypeDefDiff
   [JCR-430] Memory leak when using transactions
   [JCR-429] Session scoped lock not always removed on Session.logout()
   [JCR-428] BLOBFileValue() might be discarded to early
   [JCR-426] WorkspaceInfo.dispose() does not deregister from obs dispatcher
   [JCR-424] PropertyState binary type desirialsation only returns half ...
   [JCR-423] Node.restore() fails for existing non-versioned OPV=Version ...
   [JCR-422] charset in Content-Type header shouldn't be in quotes
   [JCR-421] PROPPATCH does not send multistatus after revision 397835
   [JCR-420] NullPointerException when deleting a property of type REFERENCE
   [JCR-411] Binding repository to a nameserver with RegistryHelper causes ...
   [JCR-408] RowIterator view of result for query '//*' only returns ...
   [JCR-405] PROPPATCH doesn't respect document order
   [JCR-400] PROPPATCH error marshalling when the resource can't be ...
   [JCR-396] RMI published Repository using the jcr-rmi library gets lost ...
   [JCR-395] Using transactions leads to memory leak
   [JCR-393] WebDAV Library: VersionControlledResource constant lists ...
   [JCR-391] WebDAV method invocation trying to create a new resource ...
   [JCR-386] Query dump failed with deep query tree
   [JCR-382] Setting WebDAV property without value causes NPE in ...
   [JCR-381] Repository does not start if text filter dependencies are missing
   [JCR-374] Missing 'node removed' event when removing a version
   [JCR-369] IllegalNameException when importing document view with two mixins
   [JCR-362] restore sometime throws error about missing tmp files
   [JCR-336] Concurrent locking operations fail
   [JCR-335] Deadlock caused by versioning operations within transaction
   [JCR-285] Line-separator differences cause PredefinedNodeTypeTest to ...
   [JCR-264] TextFilters get called three times within checkin() method
   [JCR-50]  Persistence data of versioning not cleaned up correctly

Please comment if there are some other bug fixes you'd like to see in
the 1.0.1 release or if some of the above issues would cause changes
to the documented behaviour of 1.0.

There is also one open issue listed for 1.0.1:

   [JCR-372] Consistently refer to "Apache Jackrabbit" in docs and site

Most of this is already done, but I'll still grep through for any
"Jackrabbit" references and fix them where appropriate to resolve this
issue.

Since all the code for the 1.0.1 release already exists, I will
probably be done with the release preparation quite quickly. Unless
any unexpected problems occur, I plan to start the release vote
already tomorrow. There should be no need for any release candidate
cycles, as the changes are relatively straightforward and incremental
bug fixes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting