jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Searching....
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 17:04:23 GMT
hsp wrote:
> What could be the warning message about LazyReader? Even after
> rebuild the indexes, I just find only one .doc file, that is the file
> I put separated (it is the same that is inside the zip file with the
> same properties inside a nt:resouce node).

It seems that the underlying text filter has difficulties reading the
word document. the warning indicates that the binary data could not be
converted into a text representation. hence a fulltext query for that
document will not work.

iirc we are using apache poi to extract text from word documents. to
further track down the problem I suggest you try to read the word
document using the plain poi library without jackrabbit. If it doesn't
work that way either it's not a jackrabbit core issue.

regards
  marcel