jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Searching....
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 07:59:18 GMT
hsp wrote:
> Normally I put the file inside a node (nt:resource) that is inside a
> nt:folder, and do the query:
> SELECT * FROM nt:folder WHERE CONTAINS(*,'TEXTSEARCHINGFOR')

this will do a fulltext search on nt:folder nodes but not on the resources
that are under those nodes, therefore it will never return results.

> My repository xml does reference to
> textfilters. The textfilters are based on the information in the
> jcr:mimetype to build  the index, no?

yes, this is correct.

> Is there no way to rebuild the indexes without have to restart the
> jboss? I am not seeing this funcionallity works, but I need it working,
> what are  the best pratice for that (if it exists).

no this is not possible. if you think your index becomes inconsistent
during normal operation then it is a bug. please post a jira issue with
steps how to reproduce. if you see any errors or warnings in your log
files, please also post those. Thanks

regards
  marcel