jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Villegas <...@uniscope.jp>
Subject Re: jcr-rmi behind firewall
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 01:47:24 GMT
In my case we can't use SOCKS, we don't control the firewall. I can only
request some ports to be open.

My question is then, why is this port used and where is created. I
didn't see any explicit creation of sockets in the jcr-rmi code. I'm
guessing that since it uses the java RMI API, probably the RMI API is
defaulting to an anonymous port when a connection factory of some sort
is created. But surely this can be configured.
Any hints?

Carlos