jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Repository inconsistent with xmlpersistentmanager
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 18:05:51 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg a écrit :
> hi raphaël
>
> On 5/19/06, Raphaël Franchet <raphael@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using JR 1.0 with the xmlPersistanceManager.
>
> the XMLPersistenceManager is not recommended to be used
> in a production environment. its major flaw , apart from being dead
> slow ;),
> is that it is 'non-transactional', i.e. if your jvm process suffers a
> sudden death
> (power outage, kill, etc) you'll very likely end up with an
> inconsistent repository
> state (like the one you described).
>
> by using jackrabbit's default configuration (i.e.
> DerbyPersistenceManager)
> you avoid such issues.

Hi Marcel,

We know that "now" the XMLPM is not the recommanded one, but as early
adopters of Jackrabbit, more than one year ago, there was only XMLPM and
ObjectPM :-)

We now have an inconsistent repository. What would you suggest ?
Migration to a new PM (if it is possible) ? Debugging of our current
repository ?

BTW, what would you recommend as a new PM : DerbyPM or BerkeleyDBPM ?

Regards,
Cédric

--
Cédric Damioli