jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Raphaël Franchet <raph...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Repository inconsistent with xmlpersistentmanager
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 15:47:15 GMT
 > Can you please send us the stack trace?

This is the stacktrace when I try to add 'B' (but when my repository is
already inconsistent)

Caused by: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException:
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.addNode(NodeImpl.java:1767)

Meanwhile, I don't think this can help : it would be better to find how
the repository has become inconsistent.
(In my application, the B node should always exists : when I remove it,
I add it just after and the I save. My data are lost)
What would be interesting would be a stacktrace when the repository is
getting bad but there are no stacktrace at this time.

 > Have you tried creating the node B "manually" (à la main)?

This does not interest me to do so : to repair the repository I just
remove the reference (a la mano)... but my data are still lost.
Furthermore there a lot of bugging nodes, and in a 20GB repository this
is not simple to repair "manually" : even more if I know they will
appear again in 1 day...

Nicolas Toper a écrit :
> Hi,
> Can you please send us the stack trace?
> Have you tried creating the node B "manually" (à la main)?
> nicolas
> My blog! http://www.deviant-abstraction.net !!
> On 5/19/06, Raphaël Franchet <raphael@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm using JR 1.0 with the xmlPersistanceManager.
>> My application has many nodes (about 20 GB of data) and I've got a huge
>> problem : my repository is going inconsistent.
>> Using the API normally, I obtain some time the following problem :
>> On the file system, node 'A' references a child node 'B' (in his xml
>> persistent state) but node 'B' does not exist (there is no corresponding
>> xml file).
>> The API is telling me that node A has no child, but if I try to add B it
>> fails (telling that it can't find the already referenced B).
>> The problem appeared once yesterday, so we restored a daily backup (that
>> is clean on this node) but after a day of use the same problem is coming
>> up (several times on the same repository)
>> The only particularity I've noticed on the problematic node, is that it
>> is removed and re-added in the same session, quite often.
>> The application is used by many people at a time that may be accessing
>> the same nodes.
>> Any experience or idea ?
>> (considering I don't believe this is an astral conjunction)
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Raphaël FRANCHET
>> Chef de projet