jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Villegas <...@uniscope.jp>
Subject jcr-rmi behind firewall
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 15:45:50 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to connect to a jcr-rmi instance running on JBoss
behind a firewall with no success.
According to the JBoss documentation, I need to open 3 ports on a
standard configuration: 1098,1099, and 4444. I've done this and I'm able
to invoke EJBs through RMI to the server behind the firewall.
However, it doesn't work for the jcr-rmi server. The jcr-rmi is bound to
JBoss JNDI as per the instructions in jcr-rmi javadocs. It works fine
with no firewall in the middle.
What I'm noticing is that when I run my jcr-rmi service and bind it to
JNDI it seems to open an anonymous port on the server. I also see the
client trying to connect to this port when I invoke the first operation
on the remote Repository instance. But since the port is allocated
randomly I can't set a firewall rule for it!
Any ideas how to configure this port?

Carlos