jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Raphaël Franchet <raph...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Repository inconsistent with xmlpersistentmanager
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 15:01:01 GMT
Hello,

I'm using JR 1.0 with the xmlPersistanceManager.
My application has many nodes (about 20 GB of data) and I've got a huge
problem : my repository is going inconsistent.

Using the API normally, I obtain some time the following problem :
On the file system, node 'A' references a child node 'B' (in his xml
persistent state) but node 'B' does not exist (there is no corresponding
xml file).
The API is telling me that node A has no child, but if I try to add B it
fails (telling that it can't find the already referenced B).

The problem appeared once yesterday, so we restored a daily backup (that
is clean on this node) but after a day of use the same problem is coming
up (several times on the same repository)

The only particularity I've noticed on the problematic node, is that it
is removed and re-added in the same session, quite often.
The application is used by many people at a time that may be accessing
the same nodes.

Any experience or idea ?
(considering I don't believe this is an astral conjunction)

Regards,

--

Raphaël FRANCHET
Chef de projet