jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp Jurewicz <Philipp.Jurew...@gmx.net>
Subject Information on JSR-283 and meta-data available?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 20:58:50 GMT
Dear list

there was some recent discussion on the jLibrary-ML (based on
Jackrabbit, just released 1.0) about better integration of meta-data [1]
[2]. Mainly about custom JCR properties, and the advantages and
disadvantages of RDF (DC, FOAF, etc...) . We are still in early
exploring phase, but Martin made the valid point that JSR-283 JCR 2.0
will have improvements on meta-data.

Beside of the JCP page [3] and some blog entries I cound't find any
documents that describe the ideas of the expert group for 2.0 and wanted
to ask kindly if this list knows some resources. So we can evaluate if
we should align our ideas with upcoming JCR 2.0 concepts, or if it's
still to early.

hints much apreciated

kind regards
Philipp Jurewicz