jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Restricting xpath query to document text
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 13:00:20 GMT
thomasg wrote:
>> node scoped fulltext index (the one you can use with
>> jcr:contains(.,'whatever') ) and again in the field fulltext index,
>> which allows you to use jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'whatever').
>
> 1) Last time I checked searches such as jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'whatever')
> don't return expected hits,
> I believe issue 415 may help resolve this?

yes.

>> In addition the value is put a third time to the index as a whole
>> (untokenized) which allows you to use jcr:like(@jcr:date, '%foo%')
>
> 2) Will implementing your suggestions enable document body searches with
> syntax:
> jcr:like(@jcr:data, '%cel Reute%')?

yes.

> 3) Is the solution of duplicating the document text as a string property to
> enable jcr:like
> likely to be significantly less performant than your suggestion?

Not if you disable text filtering in jackrabbit and move this functionality
completely into your application. That is your application extracts the
text and adds it to a custom property.

document indexing will be a little slower than native jackrabbit indexing,
because jackrabbit just tokenizes a document and does not store the text
representation as a whole.

regards
  marcel