jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Search Highlighting
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 08:38:56 GMT
Miro Walker wrote:
> Well, the requirement we have is just around text indexing, although I
> see your point. I'm no expert on this stuff, so I'll get out of my
> depth pretty quickly (like now!), but how does the lucene stuff in
> org.apache.lucene.search.highlight do this?

if I remember correctly lucene 1.4.3 does not have this package. Is this a 1.9 feature?

> Could we allow the client code direct access to these classes?

The actual implementation of the query handler is hidden behind at least one
interface and is therefore not available to client code. the only way such
information could be made available to client code is to introduce a jackrabbit
specific extension to the QueryResult interface. But frankly I don't like this idea
because it is 1) not standardized in jsr-170 and 2) it exposes functionality which is
specific to the query handler implementation that uses lucene underneath.

regards
  marcel