jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Park <jack.p...@sri.com>
Subject Re: Battling 'no matching property definition found for {}InstanceOf'
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 22:34:41 GMT
As per the nt:unstructured example, I added in the single-value
property, as shown at the bottom. That succeeded in moving the problem
away from InstanceOf (that worked fine now) and onto the next time I
needed to add a multi-valued property, as if the single-value property
cancelled the multi-value property.

Of course to get to the exception this time, I had to go by code that
installed lots of multi-value properties. The exception didn't fire this
time until after I had installed a single-value property. It's almost as
if setting a single-value property caused jackrabbit to forget it has a
definition for a multi-value property.

There are many different kinds of single and multi-value properties I
expect to set nodes with, far more than it makes sense to pre-define.

So, my "battle" continues in the sense that, after I fix one area where
it breaks, the break moves elsewhere. I still suspect I am missing
something. I even tried using nt:unstructured as a primary supertype,
and got nowhere at all.I hope I've triggered more thoughts.

Thanks
Jack

Tobias Bocanegra wrote:

> you're defining a multivalue-residual property but i think you want to
> set a single-value property. if you need both, you can look at
> nt:unstructured for an example.
>
> btw: if you know the names of the properties, i would make sense to
> restrict the names and types aswell.
>
> regards, toby
>
> On 5/6/06, Jack Park <jack.park@sri.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope there is some trivial line of wisdom  I am missing, but the 'no
>> matching property definition' exception keeps creeping in on me. Brief
>> architectural explanation: I wish to model a taxonomy using Property
>> objects of two kinds, one of which stores a single String (uuid of a
>> Node), and another of which is a Value[] taking Value objects with uuids
>> of Nodes. Actually, there are up to 4 such Property objects per node,
>> each a different name: InstanceOf, HasInstances, SubclassOf,
>> HasSubclasses, where InstanceOf is the only single-valued Property.
>>
>> Oddly enough, SubclassOf and HasSubclasses are already in Node objects
>> when the InstanceOf Property is created and the exception tossed.
>>
>> The particular Node definition is below. I'd really like to learn what
>> I  am missing here.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>> Jack

    <nodeType name="ts:subjectProxy" isMixin="false"
                                     hasOrderableChildNodes="false"
                                     primaryItemName="">
        <supertypes>
            <supertype>nt:hierarchyNode</supertype>
            <supertype>mix:referenceable</supertype>
        </supertypes>

        <propertyDefinition name="*"
                            requiredType="undefined"
                            autoCreated="false"
                            mandatory="false"
                            onParentVersion="COPY"
                            protected="false"
                            multiple="true"/>
        <propertyDefinition name="*"
                            requiredType="undefined"
                            autoCreated="false"
                            mandatory="false"
                            onParentVersion="COPY"
                            protected="false"
                            multiple="false"/>

        <childNodeDefinition name="*"
                             defaultPrimaryType=""
                             autoCreated="false"
                             mandatory="false"
                             onParentVersion="COPY"
                             protected="false"
                             sameNameSiblings="true">
            <requiredPrimaryTypes>
                <requiredPrimaryType>nt:hierarchyNode</requiredPrimaryType>
                <supertype>mix:referenceable</supertype>
            </requiredPrimaryTypes>
        </childNodeDefinition>
    </nodeType>