jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jackrabbit & clustering
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 14:11:41 GMT
Giota Karadimitriou wrote:
> another idea would be that maybe I could send the item states
> from the shared item state manager of one node to the shared item state
> managers of other nodes and validate their cache using the public
> available methods "stateCreated/stateDiscarded/stateModified".
>
> The question is whether this would suffice (sharing and revalidating the
> state items among shareditemstatemanagers)or more things are needed to
> ensure integrity.

as long as you can ensure that a cluster node does not store changes
that conflict with another concurrently running store operation on
another cluster node you should be fine. as I mentioned before I think
you have to use some sort of distributed locking on the level of the
different SharedISM in the cluster to ensure consistency. e.g. some sort
of a distributed variant of the read-write lock in the SharedISM.

regards
  marcel