jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From thomasg <thomasgascoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject MsWordTextFilter Problem
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 09:52:07 GMT

Has anyone encoutered problems with this text filter. I am testing the text
extraction of quite a large document (6MB worth of Thinking In Java by
captain Bruce Eckel). Seaching    was not producing expected results. I have
taken the Reader object generated by the MsWordTextFilter and converted it
into a String and writen it to a file. Inspection shows that most of the
document has been omitted. The missing part is in the middle of the file and
there are no particularly unusal contents that mark the start of the missing
section. I've tested larger docs that work fine so its a bit of a mystery?

Cheers, Thomas
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Dev forum at Nabble.com.