jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From thomasg <thomasgascoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricting xpath query to document text
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 10:01:49 GMT

Thanks Marcel, thats very helpful.

Your suggested approach seems pretty doable on first inspection, there
are are couple of issues I'd like to clarify:

>node scoped fulltext index (the one you can use with
>jcr:contains(.,'whatever') ) and again in the field fulltext index,
>which allows you to use jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'whatever').

1) Last time I checked searches such as jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'whatever')
don't return expected hits,
I believe issue 415 may help resolve this?

>In addition the value is put a third time to the index as a whole
>(untokenized) which allows you to use jcr:like(@jcr:date, '%foo%')

2) Will implementing your suggestions enable document body searches with
syntax:
jcr:like(@jcr:data, '%cel Reute%')?

3) Is the solution of duplicating the document text as a string property to
enable jcr:like
likely to be significantly less performant than your suggestion?

Thanks again, Thomas

Sent from the Jackrabbit - Dev forum at Nabble.com.