jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Rücker <mailli...@camunda.com>
Subject Performance problems with RMI
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 16:43:40 GMT
Hi!

I am using the JAckRabbit RMI component (1.0) to build a Java Swing
application to maintain JCR-Content. The Repository now is on a different
machine than the client, communication over RMI.

But the client gets very slow, currently we can not use it in production
which this speed :-(

Any hints to this issue? Or exists a RMI-implementation with a cache
included (I think that could help a little bit)? Or some idea how to include
a cache very easy (I do not want to reimplement all the RMI-Client classes
with a cache)?

Thanks in advance

Bernd
camunda GmbH - The Business Process Company
Mühlwehrstraße 43 - 97980 Bad Mergentheim
www.camunda.com - info@camunda.com
Bernd Rücker
Geschäftsführer
Telefon +49 7931 99190-112