jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From LoïcPéron <loic.pe...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Transactions and Recovery
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:56:46 GMT
Hi,

I intend to use Jackrabbit as a JCA-enabled JCR content repository in a J2EE
application. I will have large blobs to store. I need distributed transactional
behaviour to ensure consisytency with other systems. I also need recovery
insurance in case of failure. My blobs should be stored on a file system.

Some searches on this list seem to indicate that Jackrabbit is _not_
transactional when using a file system base persistence manager. Does Jackrabbit
delegate transactionality to the database?

If I need to use a database to benefit from transactional behaviour, may I use
Derby as a local database and store my large blogs (up to 10Gb) in it?

If I need to store my blobs externally to the database due to their size, will
the  file system based blob storage benefit from tansactional behaviour too?

Last but not least, what is required to be sure my repository will always be
able to recover from a crash, particularly given my file system storage
constraints?

Thanks to all for your hard work.