jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Can the NodeTypeReader classes be changed to automatically register the namespaces?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:49:44 GMT
Jukka,

Attached is a patch (I'm not sure how you typically like to receive
patches) for the automatic registration of namespaces on import of xml or
cnd nodetype files (JCR-349).  A little info about the changes:
I didn't want the readers to have knowledge of workspaces or registries so
I basically added additional methods to the NodeTypeManagerImpl that would
take a registry in which the namespaces should be registered.  The code
will ignore a namespace if it has already been registered (I can change it
to throw an exception if the registered uri is different than what's in
the file).  I've also included a test for each type of file.  The tests
will fail if run a second time against the same repository, but not
because of the namespace registration, but because the nodetypes already
exist.  This brings up another suggestion.  What do you think about an
enhancement in which we add another registerNodeTypes method which takes a
flag to determine whether it should bypass existing registeredNodeTypes?
This would permit the user/developers to run their code that imports the
same nodetypes without having to clean out the registries.

Let me know what you think and if you'd like patches in a different
format.

David

"Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
04/18/2006 05:06 PM
Please respond to
dev@jackrabbit.apache.org

dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Can the NodeTypeReader classes be changed to automatically register
the namespaces?

Hi,

On 4/18/06, David Kennedy <davek@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> The NodeTypeReader and CompactNodeTypeDefReader classes parse node type
> definition files and discover any referenced namespace definitions, but
do
> not register them.  Can the readers be changed to automatically register
> the namespace definitions in addition to the nodetype definitions?

There's already an improvement request about this (see JCR-349), but
it hasn't yet been taken up by anyone. You can vote for the request
(or, if you're adventurous enough, submit a patch) to speed things up.

BR,

Jukka Zitting