jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Aarnout van der Meulen <Aarnout.van.der.Meu...@e-office.com>
Subject Re: query feature extensions
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:46:42 GMT
At this moment, I only have 2 query features at my wish list:

1) use of fn:lower-case() and fn:upper-case() while searching
property-values
At this moment, full-text search with jcr:contains is case-insensitive,
while other searches are case-sensitive. I would like to execute queries
like:
//*[fn:lower-case(@my:title)="test"]
and
//*[jcr:like(fn:lower-case(@title),'tes%')]

2) child axis support in predicates

Regards,
Aarnout

Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net>
03-04-2006 09:13
Please respond to
dev@jackrabbit.apache.org

dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
cc

Subject
query feature extensions

Jackrabbit currently supports a limited set of XPath features, basically
the mandatory feature set as specified by jsr-170 plus some extended
capability where predicates can stated.

I would like to invite everyone (or at least whoever is interested...)
to put together a list of 3 query features that are missing the most in
jsr-170/jackrabbit regarding XPath support. Of course you may post a
longer list but I'm primarily interested in getting a feeling where the
priorities are.

e.g. here is my list:

1) child axis support in predicates. See also:

2) fn:name() and some of the functions for substring matching
This allows more sophisticated matching of node names. currently only
'*' and exact name are possible.

3) union operator
searching only under certain nodes excluding the jcr:system node is
currently not possible. Using union operator would allow this.

regards
  marcel

De informatie in dit e-mailbericht (inclusief aanhangsels) is vertrouwelijk en is alleen bestemd
voor de beoogde ontvanger(s). Indien u dit bericht onterecht heeft ontvangen, wordt u verzocht
het bericht te retourneren en de ontvangen informatie op geen enkele wijze te gebruiken.

The information contained in this e-mail (attachments included) may be confidential and is
intended solely for the person(s) indicated in the message. Should you have received this
e-mail unintentionally, please return it to the sender and do not use the content of the message
in any way.