jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@cognifide.com>
Subject JCR-305 & Disposing of Idle Workspaces
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:30:27 GMT
Hi,

In JCR-305, Stephan committed a change that allows workspaces to be
disposed of when idle for a preset length of time. We've been trying to
use this (as we're getting out of memory errors after publishing a few
times and ending up with 100's of workspaces), and it appears that once
a workspace is "disposed of" it cannot then be accessed again
(java.lang.IllegalStateException for the persistence manager). Is this
as intended? If so, then what's the recommended way to "recreate" the
workspace if it is needed again? We're using workspaces to model
"releases" of content, so all the content that was in the workspace was
labelled with an ID, so I'm guessing it should be possible to restore
all the nodes into a new workspace by the version label - does that
sound correct?

Cheers,

Miro

---