jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQLException "Data too long" using SimpleDbPersistenceManager/MySQL
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:14:06 GMT
On 4/22/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am wondering how this customization of the DDL should be done... I
> must go in the jar and modify the DDL in there? Or is it a way to
> externalize it?

you could e.g.

- copy the derby.ddl, modify it and save it as e.g. derby_custom.ddl
- put this .ddl in a jar file (package o.a.j.c.state.db) and add the
this jar file
  to your classpath
- make sure you configure your PersistenceManager to use the custom
  schema (i.e. <param name="schema" value="derby_custom"/>

see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/state/db/package-summary.html#package_description
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/state/db/DerbyPersistenceManager.html

cheers