jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: file persistance data recovery
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:21:01 GMT
hi stephan,

my best guess would be that it is an serialization format
incompatibility issue,
i.e. the version of jackrabbit that persisted the data is not the same as the
version that tries to read it. the serialization format has changed
quite a while
ago (svn r329841).

if you can rule out this possibility then your data got probably
corrupted during a
power cycle or an improper shutdown. please keep in mind that the filesystem
based pm's are not transactional. regarding your problem: take a look at the
ObjectPersistenceManager code. with a little reverse engineering it should be
pretty easy to write a small utilty that fixes the corrupt property.

cheers
stefan