jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-305 & Disposing of Idle Workspaces
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:32:40 GMT
hi miro,

On 4/8/06, Miro Walker <miro.walker@cognifide.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> In JCR-305, Stephan committed a change that allows workspaces to be
> disposed of when idle for a preset length of time. We've been trying to
> use this (as we're getting out of memory errors after publishing a few
> times and ending up with 100's of workspaces), and it appears that once
> a workspace is "disposed of" it cannot then be accessed again
> (java.lang.IllegalStateException for the persistence manager). Is this
> as intended?

definitely not ;-) i quickly tested this feature using DerbyPersistenceManager
and everything worked as expected, i.e. idle workspaces were shut down and
re-initialized on next access.

the information you provided is a bit too vague. what persistence manager are
you using? if you can reproduce this issue with a current jackrabbit build
please provide a simple testcase and include your exact configuration
and a full stack trace. i'll then take care of it.

cheers
stefan