jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is doc addition / indexing synchronous or asynchronous?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:10:55 GMT
On 4/7/06, thomasg <thomasgascoigne@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Changed my repository.xml to this:
>
> <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.DerbyPersistenceManager">
>             <param name="url"
> value="jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true"/>
>             <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
>             <param name="externalBLOBs" value="true"/>
> </PersistenceManager>
>

> Thats better, now taking 10296ms for call to save(), but still no quicker
> than XMLPersistenceManager.

i'd guess that the 10 seconds largely account for processing the document.
the time to save a couple of nodes/properties is negligible in comparison.

when your repository grows bigger or when you save a large number
of items (e.g. a thousand) you'll notice the difference ;)

> ps Have you had any time to look at my multithreaded writes?

no, not yet.

cheers
stefan