jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planning for post-1.0 releases
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:13:23 GMT
Hi.

Well, if you include the current trunk code, it won't be only a pure bug fix
release.

I mean, the patch that Marcel did some weeks ago to the textfilters package
to index the file contents only when is needed it greatly boosts jackrabbit
performance when working with binary documents like PDF, Word, etc. I
haven't done serious benchmarks, but I noted a performance increase of at
very least 5x when adding binary indexable content to Jackrabbit
repositories.

So I think that the 1.0.1 release will include a hidden goodie :)

Martin