jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Importing workspaces, content handler.
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 09:15:31 GMT
Hi.

The biggest issued that I'm currently facing with Jackrabbit is being able
to migrate workspaces from one version to another. For example, I have on
the recent version of my nodetypes hierarchy I have removed two properties.
This removal forces me to be able to migrate workspaces from previous
versions using some SAX parsing algorithm.

So my approach is:
  - read the exported workspace file
  - Filter the content through SAX handlers
  - Import the content on the new workspace.

So my first question is do  you know about better alternatives than this
approach?

And then I would also want to raise discussion about having the possibility
of setting the import content handler on Jackrabbit. If I could extend the
current import content handler and set that customized import content
handler on the repository then it would be easier for me to perform the
migration. I think that this is also something very reasonable, to be able
to customize the import algorithm on your repositories.

What do you think? Can I open a JIRA improvement?

Martin