jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: ItemId for Nodes nonreferenceable
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:10:51 GMT
btw: feel free to look at the source code of jackrabbit yourself. it's
always a good thing to know how stuff work in the inside. for example,
by looking at SessionImpl.getNodeByUUID() you probably would have been
able to answer your question by yourself :-)

regards, toby

On 4/25/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> hi helio,
> internally in jackrabbit, all nodes have an uuid (but that might
> change aswell). but only the ones that are referenceable, can be
> returned using the getNodeByUUID() call. have a look at the method:
>
>     public Node getNodeByUUID(UUID uuid) throws ItemNotFoundException,
> RepositoryException {
>         NodeImpl node = getNodeById(new NodeId(uuid));
>         if (node.isNodeType(QName.MIX_REFERENCEABLE)) {
>             return node;
>         } else {
>             // there is a node with that uuid but the node does not expose it
>             throw new ItemNotFoundException(uuid.toString());
>         }
>     }
>
> this behaviour is required by the jsr170 specification.
>
> however, internal in jackrabbit, you need to call:
> SessionImpl.getNodeById(NodeId id)
>
> regards, toby
>
> On 4/24/06, hsp <piccinatto@ibest.com.br> wrote:
> > I am intercepting the flowof code, and printing the ItemId in each time have the
call in inGranted method.
> > I don't mind what happens when is printing the id for a node that isn't referenceable.
The program prints that id, but I don't get the node by the UUID printed...