jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: ItemId for Nodes nonreferenceable
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:07:38 GMT
hi helio,
internally in jackrabbit, all nodes have an uuid (but that might
change aswell). but only the ones that are referenceable, can be
returned using the getNodeByUUID() call. have a look at the method:

    public Node getNodeByUUID(UUID uuid) throws ItemNotFoundException,
RepositoryException {
        NodeImpl node = getNodeById(new NodeId(uuid));
        if (node.isNodeType(QName.MIX_REFERENCEABLE)) {
            return node;
        } else {
            // there is a node with that uuid but the node does not expose it
            throw new ItemNotFoundException(uuid.toString());
        }
    }

this behaviour is required by the jsr170 specification.

however, internal in jackrabbit, you need to call:
SessionImpl.getNodeById(NodeId id)

regards, toby

On 4/24/06, hsp <piccinatto@ibest.com.br> wrote:
> I am intercepting the flowof code, and printing the ItemId in each time have the call
in inGranted method.
> I don't mind what happens when is printing the id for a node that isn't referenceable.
The program prints that id, but I don't get the node by the UUID printed...
> How does Jackrabbit find that ItemId for nodes that aren't referenceable?
>
> Tks
> Helio

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97