jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Restore a version of a node property
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:57:13 GMT
> This described method works fine for me, however how do I get a property of
> the rootNode of the history? As far as I can see it starts with the first
> revision but not with the original node I saved in the very beginning...
when a new versionable node is created, it also creates the respective
version-history node in the version storage. i also creates a
root-version, which is empty. the root-version simply acts as
'sentinel' for the 'jcr:predecessors' and 'jcr:baseVersion'
references. when you
checkin the node, it's content get copied into the 1.0 version in the
version storage (according to the OnParentVersion) properties.

read the versioning chapter of jsr170 for a more detailed explanation.
regards, toby

> Anybody got an idea?
>
> Thanks, Oliver
>

> On 03.04.2006 21:33 Uhr, "David Gillen" <david.gillen@pnl.gov> wrote:
>
> > Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra <at> day.com> writes:
> >>
> >> hi oliver,
> >> you can access the content of the version directly in the jcr:versionStorage.
> >> either by searching for your version, or by using the version history:
> >>
> >> node.getVersionHistory().getVersion(xyz).getNode
> > ("jcr:frozenNode").getProperty("yourprop");
> >>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have the same issue as the original poster, and I'm having trouble making
> > the suggestion above work
> > for me.  I keep getting:
> >
> > javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: myprop
> > at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getProperty(NodeImpl.java:2423)
> >
> > where myprop is the name of the property I'm trying to retrieve.  When I run
> > through a debugger, and look at the propertyNames HashMap within the NodeState
> > belonging to the node of the older version, I don't see any property names
> > listed that I created, only property names that look internal to Jackrabbit.
> >
> > I can provide source code that demonstrates this problem.  Any ideas?
> >
> >> regards, toby
> >
> > -Dave
> >

> --
> Oliver Wehrens