jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to unregister NodeTypes ?
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:28:23 GMT
Hi,

On 4/23/06, Dirk V. Schesmer <dirk.schesmer@mac.com> wrote:
> I am trying to unregister a custom node type "myapp:User" by executing:
> [...]
> As a result when executing the code, I get reported
> "javax.jcr.RepositoryException: not yet implemented"
>
> Am I doing something incorrectly? If not, is there a work around ?

Unfortunately node type modification or removal is not much supported
by Jackrabbit at the moment. The feature request JCR-322 is used to
track this issue.

The safest workaround to modifying or removing existing types is to
create a new repository and use the system view XML format to transfer
existing content.

BR,

Jukka Zitting