jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any Projet for Google Summer of Code?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:09:01 GMT
Hi,

On 4/19/06, Nicolas Toper <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jackrabbit is a great product. I have installed and tested it. I would like
> now to help you in your development effort.

Great!

> I was thinking of getting involved in distribution issue ( such as
> replication, clustering, fail over,...). I am currently finishing a master
> of computer science with a focus on distributed computing. As a student, I
> can apply for Google Summer of Code if you present any projects.
>
> Are you going to? If yes, which projects?

There hasn't been any discussion about possible Summer of Code
projects, but the idea is certainly not overruled. The issue tracker
lists access control improvements and clustering options as the most
voted-for issues, and at the moment nobody is actively working on
them, so those would be excellent areas for such projects.

Do we have committers who would be interested in mentoring a project
like this? I might not have enough time for that during the summer so
I can't promise anything.

BTW, does anyone know how strict the "experienced committer"
requirement mentioned on
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2006 is?

BR,

Jukka Zitting