jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject efficient note type indexing
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:59:18 GMT
Hi,

I have a node that has lots of unordered children nodes. Some of
these nodes are "real children" in the document management sense, the
others (in small number) are just nodes that hold complex datatypes
but are really part of the main document.

I'd like to access both categories of nodes in an efficient manner:
- get only the nodes for my complex datatypes,
- get the list of "real children" nodes.

I have flexibility in deciding how these node are typed. I can have
mixin types that are used as marker interface for these two
categories. Or (preferably) I can rely on the supertypes for my node
types to distinguish between the two.

What would you recommend so that my queries are processed
efficiently, using underlying indexes?

Thanks,
Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg@nuxeo.com