jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Restricting xpath query to document text
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:15:32 GMT
thomasg wrote:
> How can I modify the query to return hits when the word is in the document
> body and not if it is just in one of the properties?

with the current implementation the only way to achieve this is to
prohibit the term in another clause for the excluded properties.

currently the text representation of a jcr:data property is indexed as
part of the node scope fulltext index. but in some cases (such as yours)
it is also desirable to have the fulltext index also on the jcr:data
property. this however adds some overhead to the node indexing. I think
in the end this is something that should be configurable because it is
not always needed.

I've created an jira issue that describes this enhancement:

> Oh, plus another question while I'm at it. Is there any limit (absolute or
> performance) to the number of clauses one can add to the [] (square bracket)
> part of the query? Mine potentially could get very large.

lucene has a max clauses limit of 1024. though, this can be set to a
higher value. jackrabbit does not yet allow to configure this value.

wrt performance, the more clauses you have the longer the query will
take to execute. in the end this completely depends on lucene. you might
be able to find performance information on the lucene website.

regards
  marcel